Saturday, April 21, 2012

It's been awhile...

Well it has been awhile since I have been on here and so much has changed in our lives, I'm not really sure where to start... I will start with things that you may have missed:

Alexis is now in 3rd grade and doing very well. She is in her last quarter and so far has been on honor roll all year! I am so proud of her! Shes always been a smart little cookie though. 

This was also Alexis' first year of Cheer leading. She enjoyed it a lot and the first competition her team made first place! 
Her dance was to Justin Biebers- Somebody to Love.
Another big event was a school talent show that Alexis performed in. She sang the song "Rolling in the Deep," by Adele. Oh my gosh she was absolutely AMAZING!!!! Her Uncle RJ was also here visiting so he also got to see the little superstar.

In February 2011, we received some exciting news that, WERE HAVING A BABY!
Charlotte's 3D Ultrasound
We were very psyched and we both were hoping for a girl, especially Alexis. There were a few names I liked, Adrianna, Emma, Isabella but Michael and I both agreed on the name Charlotte Anna. Love the name Charlotte and its not very common because I hate common names, and the Anna is my grandmothers name. Alexis' middle name is also Anna as well. 

The pregnancy went okay, towards the end I was very uncomfortable and pretty much lived in my bathtub. I worked full time up until a few weeks before I delivered because work was too strenuous and I could barely move around without getting short of breath. I also experienced a lot of Braxton hicks contractions which I didn't get with Alexis. Not fun!

I ended up being induced, which I would never do again, just because we have no family here and we had to schedule it for when my grandma was here to stay with Alexis. 
We went in about 1:00am on October 6th and I was started on Pitocin, things were moving along pretty well and I was already contracting on my own. A couple hours later I started shaking really bad and I was freezing, the nurse thought I was nervous and I told her I was completely okay. My labor and delivery with Alexis was a breeze so I was not anxious at all during the labor. I also had an epidural and did not feel a thing. That part was hard for Michael and it killed him that he had to sit in front of me and couldn't see them administer the needle. The whole time he kept saying he was sorry that I had to go thru this.  Next thing I knew 4 nurses came in and flipped me on my side because apparently Charlotte's blood pressure was dropping. I then of course was getting nervous and the whole time Michael was right by my side. Things then went back to normal and about 7am I felt a lot of pressure. When the nurse came back to check on me, we found out that my water had broke and baby was on her way! The nurses phoned the Dr and said he was on his way. 
I remember looking at the time at 8:15 and they told me to start pushing and to breathe. I pretty much laughed the entire time because I could not feel anything besides a little pressure.



 At exactly 8:19am our little angel was born weighing 8lbs and 20 inches long. She was so beautiful. Shortly after, my grandma and Alexis came up to the hospital to meet Charlotte. Alexis was so excited and did not want to put her down. Holly and Tommy also were there and Holly was very supportive throughout my labor and delivery. My grandma was here for 2 weeks and helped around the house and cooked meals which was absolutely wonderful, because those first few weeks are rough!




 Michael had off from work the first 4 weeks so that he was here with the baby and I. I'm very glad he could get this time off to bond with the baby and of course help me with her feedings. We usually took turns during her night feedings so it was nice to have him around. I am so glad she sleeps thru the night now!

As far as Michael and I, we tied the knot August 8, 2011! Happiest day of my life! I couldn't ask for a better husband and best friend.



Okay so it is now April 20, 2012 and Charlotte is now 6 months and getting so big! She is trying to crawl and moving around a lot more. Guess I should baby proof the house now! 
As far as Miss Alexis she only has a few more weeks of school.  This week she had her Aims testing, which is an Arizona state test to monitor the students progress. She is very sociable and has made many new friends at her new school. 

Well its midnight here and I'm trying to cram everything in this one post and getting very sleepy. I'm sure I rambled on and there's probably a few things I have missed. So for now, Goodnight!
















No comments:

Blog Archive